Assessor-Excellence in Hotel & Hospitality
AS/NZS 3905.3:1994 Quality System Guidelines-guide for the Hospitality Industry is an Australian and New Zealand standard for Excellence in Hospitality Industry and a widely recognize standard in the world. To keep pace with the demand in this thriving industry, TCB has developed its unique course Assessor for Excellence in Hotel and Hospitality management system. The Assessor for Excellence in Hotel and Hospitality Management system has been developed based on AS/NZS 3905.3:1994. This course is aimed to help develop a robust business model for sustained success and continuous growth of the Hotel and Hospitality business. TCB Assessor for Excellence in Hotel and Hospitality Management system course is designed to help you understand the intent and principles of the standard, develop skills and expertise to assess a Business continuity management system based on AS/NZS 3905.3:1994, develops capable auditors to audit with focus. We endeavor to develop world-class Assessors for Excellence in Hotel and Hospitality based on a certification scheme developed as required by ISO 17024. Independent examination and certification give worldwide acceptability and credibility.
This course is aimed to develop Hotel and Hospitality Management assessors as per TCB Certification Scheme developed as per IPC requirement and administered in compliance with the requirement of ISO 17024.
Module 1: Understanding Principles and Content of Relevant Management standards: 1days
Fundamental understanding of Applicable Management system Models and fundamental concepts of Excellence in Hotel and Hospitality Industry :
QMS Model(ISO 9001:2015) , Business Continuity management system (ISO 22301), Environmental Management system (ISO 14001:2015), Energy Management system (ISO 50001), OH&S management system (OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001), Food Safety Management system ISO 22000 and EFQM Business Excellence Model.
Module 2 : In-depth study and Interpretation of the AS/NZS 3905.3:1994 standard: 1 day Upon completion of the above two modules and evaluation and a short examination, you will receive a Certificate of Completion of Foundation Course-Excellence in Hotel & Hospitality. You will receive a CEU point of 4 ( which is similar to a 40 hours course. You will receive a CEU point of 1.5 as per ANSI/IACET 1:2018 standard.
This will meet the prior Learning Requirement of Assessor/Lead Assessor for Excellence in Hotel & Hospitality Management Course
Module 3 : Assessor/Lead Assessor for Excellence in Hotel and Hospitality management Course: 5 days
- Workshop Conformity Assessment
- Business Risk and risk control measures
- Workshop Adequacy Audit for AS/NZS 3905.3:1994 Documentation (Stage 1) as per ISO 19011 and ISO 17021
- Audit Checklist. Workshop.
- Top management audit /interview role play
- Audit BIA, RA, Risk management Strategy in simulated audit using contiguous case studies
- Roles and Responsibilities of Auditors
- Introduction to audit-Process Approach Audit
- Workshop- prepare Audit Plan
- Onsite Simulated Certification Audit (Stage 2) as per ISO 19011 and ISO 17021
- Role play-leading an audit interview
- Certification and Accreditation process
- Independently administered Written Examination and Certification Once you complete module 3 and a written examination, you will receive a Certificate of Successful Completion -Assessor/Lead Assessor for Excellence in Hotel &Hospitality Management System Course issued by TCB Cert.Worldwide LLC, USA, as an IACET ,USA Accredited Provider .You will receive a CEU point of 3.5 as per ANSI/IACET 1:2013 standard
Module 4 : Understanding and Practice of Hotel management ERP from Auditors Perspective :1 day (Optional)
- Introduction and Practice of Hotel Management software ERP integrating all functions of Hotel and Hospitality management-
- Review of a sample Hotel management manual and Procedure-Stay & Dine
- Audit Preparation
Module 5: Onsite Audit of Stay & Dine-A Boutique Role Model Guesthouse 2 (Optional)
- Onsite process approach Audit
- Generation of Audit Observation, objective evidence of conformity (or otherwise )based on Interview, Review of documents and records
- Preparation of assessment report with identified Strengths/Weakness, Opportunity and
Threats including Nonconformities if any
- Presentation of observation to the top Management of the hotel
Upon completion of modules 4 and 5 you will receive two man-days credit for an external audit under the guidance of a lead auditor authenticated by TCB
Candidates joining this course are required to have the following prior knowledge which can be achieved by attending a TCB Approved awareness program AS/NZS 3905.3: 1994 and two days course (Module 1)
- Understanding and Awareness of AS/NZS 3905.3: 1994, Quality System Guidelines for Excellence in Hospitality Industry
- PDCA Model
- Terms and Definitions and vocabulary Candidates joining TCB Assessors for Excellence on Hotel and Hospitality course should preferably have a degree, in any discipline, preferably with some Management studies such as MBA or Hotel & Hospitality Management even though not essential. Must have good command of the English language.
Candidates must have a pleasing personality, professionalism, aspiration to develop a career in the hospitality Industry
Participants can progress their career in world-class hotels and hospitality industry, tourism industry including highly lucrative jobs in aviation industries such as cabin crew and ground staffs. The candidates would develop skills to manage functions in Hotels and hospitality and lead the business
You can expect a very decent salary package and outstanding growth in your career. Develop your career as an auditor for an international chain of hotels.
- Fundamental understanding of QMS Model(ISO 9001:2015) .-Learn how to
address/assess stake Holders’ expectations, Legal and other requirements,
Organizational context- the issues that can potentially affect the quality of Products and
services and effect the sustained success of the organization
- Business Continuity management system (ISO 22301): Learn how to address/assess stake Holders, Business Impact assessment, Organizational context- the issues those can potentially affect Business continuity and process to control those risks
- Environmental Management system (ISO 14001:2015), Learn how to address/assess stake Holders’ expectations with regards to EMS , Legal and other requirements, Organizational context- the issues, Environmental Aspects, and Impacts those can potentially affect the Environmental performance of your organization
- Energy Management system (ISO 50001), Learn how to address/assess stake Holders’ expectations with regards to EnMS , Legal and other requirements, Significant energy usage those can potentially affect the Energy performance of your organization affecting bottom line
- OH&S management system (OHSAS 18001)-Learn occupational Health and Safety of your people , Guests and visitors, how to control and mitigate OH&S Hazards and risk to ensure duty of care and continued business success
- Food safety Management system ISO 22000- Learn food safety aspects and Critical
control points affect the safety of food for your guest and people . Imagine-can you afford a
mass food poisoning from the food that your hotel served to your guests?
- EFQM Business Excellence Model- The desired results and the enablers to creating a excellent hotel and hospitality industry that you work for or manage
- A correct interpretation of AS/NZS 3905.3: 1994 the standard for Excellence in Hospitality from an Auditors perspective
- Process approach Audit of AS/NZS 3905.3-1994
- Assess Business Impact Analysis, Business Risk Assessment, and Risk management strategy
- Plan, perform audits. manage and lead a certification audit team
- Report audit, recommendation, raising and evaluating corrective action
- Audit continual improvement
- Manage audit communications and interviews
- Conduct opening, closing, and follow-up audit meetings
What is the target audience?
- Hotel Management Graduates
- Professionals aspiring to develop an exciting career in hotels and hospitality industry
- Business Managers managing Hotel and Hospitality
- Hotel Professionals aspiring to become an independent assessors or develop careers in a certification body.
Our Accreditations Certificates
Fundamental understanding of QMS Model (ISO 9001:2015)
Business Continuity management system (ISO 22301)
Environmental Management system (ISO 14001:2015)
OH&S management system (ISO 45001:2018)
Food Safety Management system ISO 22000
Understanding AS/NZS 3905
Examination and Evaluation
Join our " World Environment Day" Event on 5th June 2022