International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Management System (IDip. OHSMS)
International Diploma in OH&S management System has been developed by TCB based on extensive research on need for high Profile professionals in OH&S management system, delivered in 180 hours course can be completed as early as 6 month .
Develop through understanding OH&S Management System establishment,
- implementation, maintaining a robust OH&S MS
- Developing safety culture within an organization.
- Integrating business continuity with occupational health and safety management system HIRA Process and tools e.g HAZOP, QRA, FMEA,FTA, ETA
- Emergency preparedness and Response
- Incident investigation and root Cause analysis
- Developing and leading auditors and audit processes
- Manage Audits and Organizational OH&S Objectives Driving continual improvement processes of OH&S performance
- Develop and Implement an occupational health and safety management system in a real organization as a sample project
- Written examination.
- One to one interview on the quality management system implementation project
A Course developed as per ANSI/IACET 1:2018 and benchmarked with the leading international certification schemes . TCB awards certification with IACET CEU 18 as an IACET USA accredited Provider
Managers skills and attributes, Roles and Responsibility such as :
- – Observational skills,
– Interviewing and Questioning Skill,
– Listening skills and
– Overall communication skills
- Prepare audit program and perform internal audits according to ISO 19011 Lead and manage audit team
- Understanding the process of Management system certification (ISO 17021) and Accreditation. The course makes extensive use of attendee participation and group discussion workshops by application of Accelerated Learning techniques as well as wide range of simulated case studies based on real assessment situations. Tutors shares practical examples based on their audit experience gained over the decades.
During the course you will participate in the following workshops:
1. Identification of ISO 45001 clause Nos. in given scenario and assess conformity.
2. Developing organizational context, and relevant interest of relevant interested parties
3. Evaluate the competence of Auditors/Assignment for Audit, Review Audit reports and achievement of OH&S/Audit Objectives within the scope
4. Simulated Stage 1 audit of OH&S MS documentation of Universal Tanking- an imaginary Crude Oil Tank firm
5. Preparing Audit Check list
6. Preparing an Audit Plan
7. Simulated internal audit of UTL – where you will conduct an opening meeting, – conduct audit interviews using check list that you developed – review real objective evidence specially designed for this course, prepare Audit report, Non-conformity and present audit team’s recommendation during simulated close out meeting.
8. Assessment of achievement of Organizational Objectives
9. Taking Corrective actions and making improvement decisions for management review and approval
10. Develop an OH&S Management system in a Model/Real organization(e,g Hotel and Hospitality, Construction
- Evolution of OH&S
- OH&S Hazards – Stress, ergonomics, toxicology. identification and recording of safety issues
- Exposure to harmful substances or conditions. Health check.
- Handling of hazardous good/materials, marking, data sheet on chemical substances
with medical treatment instruction. Personal protection equipment
- The Principles and application Safe Job Analysis. Safety improvement projects, planning and execution Design, develop, implement, maintain and improve personnel safety management systems.
- Motivation theories of Hertzberg, McGregor and Maslow
- Creating a safety culture, means and methods. Employee participation. Awareness training
- Overview of ISO 45001:2015 standard requirements
- General overview of the standards: ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 31000
- Organizational structures, cultures and job description with responsibility and authority specifications and assist in improvement
- Competence requirements of People, training needs, training plans and support training execution
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and improve personnel safety management systems.
- Understanding and developing an organization’s context
- Understand the concept of processes and being able to guide the organization on process establishment and maintenance Processes. Tasks of the process owner, process description, process measurement. Process indicators. Key performance indicators
- Emergency planning and response. Detection of safety threats, handling of safety threats, normalization
- Accident and incident investigation, root cause analysis
What is the target audience?
Leaners are expected to have the following prior knowledge.
Management System Work Experience
Applicants for certification with High school graduates should have 4 years industrial exposures ,Learners with degree in Engineering, Science or Diploma can join this course with 1 years of working experience in a technical, professional or management position of accountability with exposure with OH&S to be able to grasp the concepts.
Applicants for certification shall have some relevant experience in the implementation, operation, and/or auditing of OH&S management systems which provides the practical knowledge necessary to effectively understand the relevant management systems such as PDCA, Hazard Identification and risk assessment process including control hierarchy and ISO 45001:2018 standard requirements which may be gained by self-study or attending a foundation course presented by TCB.